Sunday, January 15, 2012

Five degrees is a heat-wave.




It's five degrees outside. That's as warm as it will get for the next four days. So I'll be doing some cooking. Lots and lots of cooking. And having good friends over to share it with. I make them bring wine. It's the only way to stay warm in my neck of the woods some days. On tonight's menu: Meatloaf, Mashed Root Vegetables with Goat Cheese, Sautaed Swiss Chard, and a Cranberry Upside Down Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream for dessert.

I'll post recipes and pictures of what I make, most things are totally from scratch, some are recipes I get out of books (mostly Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson), but often times I just make stuff up in my head and see how it goes. Measuring is not my strong point, but I'll do my best to set you straight.

This blog has been a long-time coming, after many, many requests from friends and family and what I cook, how I do it and what life is like up here on the hi-line. Try one recipe, try them all... or try to imagine living life on the hi-line. I dare you.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck on the blog, Marisa. I got a lot of requests to turn my new year's resolution last year into a blog but just never got around to it. Kudos to you. Looking forward to seeing what you whip up!

    Katie G

    ReplyDelete